Check out these quotes that give those of us who are parents something to think about:
- Our children are not just going to be our children. They are going to be other people’s husbands and wives and the parents of our grandchildren. – Mary Calderone
- Don’t let yourself be so concerned with raising a good kid that you forget you already have one. – Glenna Smelton
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. – Mother Teresa
- Whatever you would have your children become, strive to exhibit in your own lives and conversation. – Anonymous
- You want to mess up the minds of your children? Here’s how – guaranteed! Rear them in a legalistic, tight context of external religion, where performance is more important than reality. Fake your faith. Sneak around and pretend your spirituality. Train your children to do the same. Embrace a long list of do’s and don’ts publicly but hypocritically practice them privately… yet never own up to the fact that its hypocrisy. Act one way but live another. And you can count on it – emotional and spiritual damage will occur. – Chuck Swindoll
- If I had my child to raise all over again, I’d finger-paint more, and point the finger less. I would do less correcting and more connecting. I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes. I’d take more hikes and fly more kites. I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play. I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars. I’d do more hugging and less tugging. – Diane Loomans
And this one is my favorite……
- You don’t really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around — and why his parents will always wave back. – William D. Tammeus
Life is short, time is fast. There is no rewind, so enjoy every moment you can in the midst of raising a family. Invest wisely in your family – it is sure to pay off!
What quote do you want to remember?