I believe at one time or another we all have had a desire to live an inspiring life. To live a life that brings value to this world and makes an impact on other people’s lives. I checked out the definition for ‘inspiring’ and found words like encouraging, energizing, influencing and motivating. Inspiration pushes a person from apathy to possibility. It gives life purpose and passion that will inspire others to do the same. I recently learned that research actually supports the fact that inspiration also has a major effect on important life outcomes.
Researchers, Thrash and Elliot, found that inspired people were more open to new experiences and were more motivated. They were better at their jobs and more creative and optimistic about their future. They also discovered that people who were generally more inspired in their daily lives were more likely to be successful. Finally, inspired individuals reported experiencing more purpose in life and more gratitude.
Are you living an ‘inspired’ life? The cool thing is when you choose to live an inspired life, you are likely to inspire others from your example. Here are 5 ways you can begin to live an ‘inspired’ life:
- Be Intentional. What inspires, interests, and motivates you? What do you enjoy? Think about something you would like to do and write it down. It’s hard to live an inspired live without a clear purpose of what you want to accomplish.
- Step Outside of Your Comfort Zone. Don’t let your fears hold you back from pushing limits and taking risks. The things in life that are worthwhile require you to get off the sidelines and take a leap. Be Adventurous. I love what Mark Twain said, “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- Be Grateful. Gratitude changes everything. When we choose to be grateful, we begin to focus on the positive. A positive mindset will go a long way in living an inspired life.
- Learn to Say No. There are so many distractions that we face every day, The only way you will open up time in your busy schedule for times of inspiration is by saying “No” to some things. You have to choose the great over the good.
- Choose Your Companions Wisely. Hang out with people who encourage and lift you up. If you are always hanging around with negative people, you will find yourself caught in the trap of negativity.
These are just a few ideas to living an inspired life. What are some of the things that help you to live a passionate and purposeful life?